Liberating Your Creative Voice
A proud alumnus of Dalhousie (Gender & Women’s Studies) and St. Francis Xavier Universities (English Literature), Andrea believes in the power of education, the importance of mentoring, and the responsibility each of us has to our empower others in our own communities and beyond.
That’s why, when over the years she’s led songwriting workshops for the Honey Jam, GuitarWorkshopPlus, the Singing Competition, the Canadian Musicians Collective, and Elaine Overholt’s Big Voice Studios, in addition to teaching Lyrics 1 in Seneca College’s Independent Songwriting and Performance Program, and contributing to the business side of music in her work as Associate Director of Publisher Engagement and Strategy at the CMRRA (Canadian Musical Reproduction Rights Agency) and as Director on the Board of the Songwriters Association of Canada.
Photo courtesy of HoneyJam.com
Andrea’s goal in these workshops has always been to:
- Enable and empower you to own and speak your truth (because it’s her belief that only by speaking and owning your truth can you begin to write songs that really resonate with others)
- Introduce you to basic song structure and effective lyric forms and techniques
- Show you how to edit your work to make it better ‘say what you want’
- Become more comfortable expressing yourself
- Remind you of the importance of empathy and community
- Collaborate effectively and productively
- Believe in the importance of your story and your purpose
For more information, individual, group or corporate rates, and availability, please email us here.